- Born and raised in Drinagh, Co.Cork
- Married to Virge with four children Daniel, Denis Conor and Ciarán
- Son of Jerry and Pearl, one of eleven children, seven boys and four girls
- A qualified primary school teacher
- Currently resides in Clonakilty and is involved in many local organization
- Leaving Certificate – Coláiste Muire Cobh – 1991
- BA Degree (Gaeilge & Philosophy) – NUI Maynooth – 1994
- Grad Dip Education (Primary) – Mary I Limerick -1996
- Proprietor Courthouse Bar – Rosscarbery 1995 – 2001
- Principal Gaelscoil Dr. Uí Shúilleabháin – Skibbereen 2002 – 2005
- Full time Public Representative 2005 – present.
- 2004 First elected to Cork County Council.
- 2009 Re-elected to CCC having topped the poll.
- 2010 Elected as Mayor of the County of Cork.
- Member of Cork County Vocational Educational Committee
- Chairman Clonakilty District Chamber of Tourism
- Member of Clonakilty District Chamber of Commerce formation committee
- Irish Language and History
- Education – particular interest in Special Needs Education
- Tourism – long association with promotion of Tourism and organising of Festivals/events in West Cork.
- Michael Conneely. I love to read fictional novels while on holidays. Otherwise my reading consists of every available book relating to Irish politics and history.
Politician most admired
- John Hume is my ultimate political hero. I believe that John Hume was one of the most courageous and visionary social and political leaders of our time. Many leaders have courage but lack vision, others are visionary but lack the necessary courage. John Hume had both qualities in abundance.
My Expenses and Salary are Listed on the Link below for your information